Sin City 2023

AgentPoseidon (27)

22/4/2023 18:30

I went and it was an extremely weak and disappointing level of participation compared to pre-covid. Before covid there were about 80 guys on the mat and competing and it was very organized with a great guest presenter.

This year, almost all the guys there had been to some all night blowout party, and only 7 or 8 guys wrestled. I didn't attend that party because of a conflict and felt that was used as a litmus test as to whether you "belonged" there for the submission competition. Very inappropriate. Most guys just sat there watching, not wrestling at all, using "I'm too tired" as an excuse. I enjoyed my match against a younger guy and won 2 out of 3, but it's almost as if it wasn't even promoted. Very sad. This site should support promotion of these events, and the organizer should be promoting it everywhere and not treating it like an inside clique-thing. Get funding from the parent organization and start showing up on all relevant social media and groups, especially overseas.

Again before covid there were at least 10 wrestlers from Europe. This year it was almost all only Cali guys, no Vegas guys, 1 or 2 east coast guys, no Europe guys. That's almost a waste of time. You need a huge marketing campaign on the East Coast and in Europe and make it a thing next time.

Traduzir

WrslrJim (12)

18/6/2023 04:47

(em resposta à...)

I’m coming into this late but I’m honestly not surprised there was little participation. I think most of the clubs are struggling and, to a degree, the folks that run it have been very cliquish. I’ve also heard there’s no club in SF any longer so that used to be a source of wrestlers. After several negative experiences with some of the folks, I stepped away. Won’t go into much detail in public.

Traduzir

Niagara wrestler (15)

28/6/2023 07:12

(em resposta à...)

my friend who competes and is very skilled has felt first hand how toxic and negative those clubs are. Hate to see him hurt by their ostracism, but at least it never kept him from competing at national tournaments and sharing his gift with others through clinics he sometimes runs for gay men.

Traduzir

flexibition (0)

05/1/2023 02:59

I am not going, but I met several of the people who go on a regular basis. They all seem like nice guys. Don't stress about the competition, have fun.

Traduzir

TxFighter (2 )

02/10/2022 14:06

Anyone attending in Jan? Tips for a newbie?

Traduzir

MatMeatUp (3)

05/1/2023 05:59

(em resposta à...)

Wish I could. Found the info way too late to plan. :(

Traduzir
Faça login com seu usuário e senha para criar e responder aos tópicos.